Where You Lead Me - I Will Follow

In God's perfect timing a door was opened for me to serve in Haiti this summer.  I'm very thankful that God's sovereignty steered me towards this door... a door which I never anticipated to find myself at.  However, as I was on the phone earlier (being told for the first time, 'we want to send you overseas') a song came to mind.  I absent-mindedly doodled the lyrics across a pink sheet of scrap paper, and then I looked down and realized what I had written....

Here's the song that ran through my head:

Where You Lead Me

What is life?
A thousand roads, a thousand ways
Why am I so afraid to move
I crossed the line
I'm stepping out so come what may
I give it all cause I'm drawn to You

As long as my heart is beating...
Where You lead me I will follow
Where You lead me I give my life away
Where You lead me I will follow
Forever and a day
Forever and a day

God closed every other door along my path, because He wanted to bring me to this one.  With my heart racing and soul singing I will follow Jesus to Haiti this summer.

Oh, and my heart has not changed for India and the 10/40 window, but that's what prayer and patience are for :)

No comments: